These applications/tools might be useful for students who need to take notes when working on papers or projects. I am planning on seeing if I can somehow incorporate one of these into my instruction sessions for RefWorks, Alerts, or the journal literature databases sessions. I will probably use Google Notebook, or perhaps EverNote.
1) Google Notebook - http://www.google.com/googlenotebook/tour1.html
2) (i)NdxCards - a desktop product - http://www.ndxcards.com/
3) Manny's Simple Note Cards (another, somewhat quirky, desktop product) - http://www.softsland.com/mannys_simple_note_cards.html
These web apps might be helpful for posting and editing shared web content, in a working group of perhaps or for managing site content.
4) Google Page Creator: http://pages.google.com/-/about.html - It has the ease of sharing that comes with a wiki, but is even easier to setup and maintain.
6) There is another nice bit of note-taking software worth mentioning - it's called EverNote: http://www.evernote.com/en/In addition to regular notes, it lets users clip bits of information from webpages and keep them in their notes.