Pamela showed us the New College Library Website <http://www.college.library.wisc.edu/>. New stuff includes:
* Daily Polls
* Got rid of underlines for hyperlinks
* increased coverage of events (e.g. Finals Week 2007)
* Displays feed from "What's new in Madcat" - it is broken down by topic
* Links to social networing tools (Flickr, Facebook, Del.ico.us)
* Rotating research guides
* Experimenting with the FCKEditor <http://www.fckeditor.net/> which allows staff to edit pages without going into Dreamweaver)
Bob showed us his favorite spot for free online videos:
In keeping with Bob's online media theme, Jim pointed out that currently http://www.hulu.com/ is in private beta - if you go to the site you can sign up to be a "tester" for free - I have no idea how long this will last.
Jim demonstrated http://www.ning.com/ - it is a place to find/create your own social networks built around a specific subject (e.g. Classroom 2.0 <http://classroom20.ning.com/>)
Miro <http://www.getmiro.com/> - is a free open source media player/video collector - provides access to a growing amount of high quality independent video content - Think of it as a video version of Bloglines
Karen showed us John Larsen's blog - it talks about a lot of the same stuff we do in this group - http://otterguy.blogspot.com/
We are invitated to next LILI forum - 12/6
Bob: http://www.woot.com/ - features a new low-priced gadget every day - prices are always good.